VN-100 Surface Mount IMU/AHRS device is a miniature, lightweight, low power, high performance, surface mount Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) and Attitude Heading Reference System (AHRS). VN-100 SMD combines 3-axis accelerometers, 3-axis gyros, 3-axis magnetic sensors, and a barometric pressure sensor along with a 32-bit processor running advanced sensor fusion software – all in a surface mount package the size of a quarter.
Along with providing calibrated sensor measurements, the VN-100 also computes and outputs real-time, drift-free 3D orientation solution that is continuous over the complete 360 degrees of motion. The small size, high performance, and cost-effectiveness of the VN-100 provides unprecedented opportunities for embedded navigation.
VN-100 Surface Mount IMU/AHRS Highlights:
- On-board extended Kalman filter running at 400 Hz, IMU Data available at 1 KHz
- Continuous attitude solution over the complete 360° range of motion
- Static accuracy better than 0.5° in pitch/roll, 2° in heading
- Individually calibrated for bias, scale factor, misalignment, and gyro g-sensitivity
- Available with standard (at + 25°C) or full temperature compensation (-40°C to +85°C)
- Surface mount package (30-pin LGA)
- Dimensions: 24 x 22 x 3 mm
- Weight: 3.5 grams
- Rugged package (10-pin Harwin connector)
- Dimensions: 36 x 33 x 9 mm
- Weight: 15 grams
VN-100 Surface Mount IMU/AHRS Features:
- Vector Processing Engine (VPE) 1.0 Toolboxes
- Real-time magnetic & acceleration disturbance rejection
- Adaptive signal filtering
- Dynamic filter tuning
- On-board Hard & Soft Iron compensation
- Coning & sculling integrals
- User configurable messages using simple VectorNav binary protocol
- On-board World Magnetic and Gravity Reference Models
- On-board gyro drift compensation
- Multi-sensor synchronization
- Inputs for external magnetometers or velocity measurements (Airspeed, GPS)
- Barometric pressure sensors
Miniature Surface Mount Design
VN-100 Surface Mount IMU/AHRS was the first Attitude and Heading Reference System (AHRS) on the market to offer calibrated, high-performance, industrial grade MEMS sensors and quality sensor fusion algorithms in a single surface mount package.
VN-100 Development Tools
We provide a wide variety of hardware and software tools that simplify the evaluation and integration of our line of navigation sensors. The Development Kits provide out-of-the-box access to all of the hardware functionality of the VN-100 IMU/AHRS. Our Sensor Explorer graphical user interface provides a powerful tool for evaluation, performance analysis and configuration of VectorNav sensors. Software libraries are also provided to facilitate easy integration with existing platforms. Development kits are available for each of the VN-100 SMD and the VN-100 Rugged.
About VN-100 Product Line
The VN-100 product family is comprised of miniature Attitude and Heading Reference Systems (AHRS) that are available in surface mount (OEM) or aluminum encased Rugged modules. These sensors compute and output real-time, drift-free attitude solutions (i.e. 3D orientation) that are continuous over a complete range of 360° motion.
About VectorNav Technologies
VectorNav Technologies specializes in manufacturing high-performance navigation and inertial sensors using the latest MEMS inertial sensor technology. Since its founding by five graduates of Texas A&M University in 2008, VectorNav has been providing customers worldwide access to high quality, fully calibrated inertial sensors with state-of-the-art digital filtering technology. With a strong background in aerospace engineering and experience in the development and testing of spacecraft, launch vehicles, and micro-aerial vehicles, VectorNav brings high performance aerospace filtering and calibration techniques into the world of low-cost industrial grade MEMS sensors, expanding the possibilities of today’s MEMS sensor technology.